Aug 6, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Domonic Brown went 3-for-5 with a homer last night in his first (and it turns out last) minor-league rehab game. Today the Phillies activated him from the seven-day concussion disabled list.
Brown has been sidelined since hitting his head on the ground going for a diving catch on July 23 and just started swinging a bat again Thursday, but passed multiple concussion tests within the past week.
Brown was having a breakout season before the brain injury, hitting .271 with 24 homers and an .847 OPS in 99 games at age 25 after failing to appear in more than 60 games for the Phillies in any of the three previous seasons. To make room for his return the Phillies designated Laynce Nix for assignment with two months remaining on his two-year, $2.5 million deal.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 46
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 78
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 51
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (95)