Aug 6, 2013, 2:44 PM EST
Domonic Brown went 3-for-5 with a homer last night in his first (and it turns out last) minor-league rehab game. Today the Phillies activated him from the seven-day concussion disabled list.
Brown has been sidelined since hitting his head on the ground going for a diving catch on July 23 and just started swinging a bat again Thursday, but passed multiple concussion tests within the past week.
Brown was having a breakout season before the brain injury, hitting .271 with 24 homers and an .847 OPS in 99 games at age 25 after failing to appear in more than 60 games for the Phillies in any of the three previous seasons. To make room for his return the Phillies designated Laynce Nix for assignment with two months remaining on his two-year, $2.5 million deal.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)