Aug 6, 2013, 2:44 PM EST
Domonic Brown went 3-for-5 with a homer last night in his first (and it turns out last) minor-league rehab game. Today the Phillies activated him from the seven-day concussion disabled list.
Brown has been sidelined since hitting his head on the ground going for a diving catch on July 23 and just started swinging a bat again Thursday, but passed multiple concussion tests within the past week.
Brown was having a breakout season before the brain injury, hitting .271 with 24 homers and an .847 OPS in 99 games at age 25 after failing to appear in more than 60 games for the Phillies in any of the three previous seasons. To make room for his return the Phillies designated Laynce Nix for assignment with two months remaining on his two-year, $2.5 million deal.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 33
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)