Aug 6, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Royals catcher Salvador Perez was placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list Sunday after taking a foul ball to the mask in Saturday’s 4-3 defeat of the Mets. The hope is that he won’t be out for long.
Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star reports that Perez woke up on Tuesday morning without a headache for the first time since his concussion diagnosis. If the progress continues, he could be ready to resume workouts by the end of the week.
Perez, 23, is batting .278/.309/.382 with four home runs and 43 RBI in 92 games with Kansas City. The Royals are using a combination of George Kottaras and Brett Hayes in Perez’s absence.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)