Aug 6, 2013, 8:10 PM EDT
Royals catcher Salvador Perez was placed on the 7-day concussion disabled list Sunday after taking a foul ball to the mask in Saturday’s 4-3 defeat of the Mets. The hope is that he won’t be out for long.
Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star reports that Perez woke up on Tuesday morning without a headache for the first time since his concussion diagnosis. If the progress continues, he could be ready to resume workouts by the end of the week.
Perez, 23, is batting .278/.309/.382 with four home runs and 43 RBI in 92 games with Kansas City. The Royals are using a combination of George Kottaras and Brett Hayes in Perez’s absence.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)