Aug 6, 2013, 9:14 AM EDT
From closer to minor leaguer: the Mariners Tom Wilhelmsen to Triple-A Tacoma last night.
Wilhelmsen had a meltdown against the Red Sox last Thursday, helping Boston plate six runs in the ninth inning. That was that for him with the M’s, it seems, as he had not made it into a game since. On the year he has an 4.37 ERA and 35/26 K/BB ratio over 47 1/3 innings with 24 saves.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 9
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 22
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 43
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)