Aug 6, 2013, 5:43 PM EDT
Has there been a bigger train wreck of trade than the Yankees and Mariners swap of Jesus Montero for Michael Pineda. Montero just got blasted for Biogenesis stuff and was horrible before that. Michael Pineda broke the minute he made it to New York and is still broken. Now this:
Michael Pineda came through his tests clean. He’ll be shut down for seven to 10 days.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) August 6, 2013
The tests were an MRI on his shoulder following more soreness as he tries to come back from surgery. There is no timetable for his return.
I feel like someone involved in this trade built their home over the top of an Indian burial ground or something.
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 6
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 13
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 58
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 21
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)