Aug 6, 2013, 5:43 PM EDT
Has there been a bigger train wreck of trade than the Yankees and Mariners swap of Jesus Montero for Michael Pineda. Montero just got blasted for Biogenesis stuff and was horrible before that. Michael Pineda broke the minute he made it to New York and is still broken. Now this:
Michael Pineda came through his tests clean. He’ll be shut down for seven to 10 days.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) August 6, 2013
The tests were an MRI on his shoulder following more soreness as he tries to come back from surgery. There is no timetable for his return.
I feel like someone involved in this trade built their home over the top of an Indian burial ground or something.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 25
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 252
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (253)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)