Aug 6, 2013, 5:43 PM EST
Has there been a bigger train wreck of trade than the Yankees and Mariners swap of Jesus Montero for Michael Pineda. Montero just got blasted for Biogenesis stuff and was horrible before that. Michael Pineda broke the minute he made it to New York and is still broken. Now this:
Michael Pineda came through his tests clean. He’ll be shut down for seven to 10 days.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) August 6, 2013
The tests were an MRI on his shoulder following more soreness as he tries to come back from surgery. There is no timetable for his return.
I feel like someone involved in this trade built their home over the top of an Indian burial ground or something.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 72
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (104)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)