Aug 6, 2013, 5:43 PM EST
Has there been a bigger train wreck of trade than the Yankees and Mariners swap of Jesus Montero for Michael Pineda. Montero just got blasted for Biogenesis stuff and was horrible before that. Michael Pineda broke the minute he made it to New York and is still broken. Now this:
Michael Pineda came through his tests clean. He’ll be shut down for seven to 10 days.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) August 6, 2013
The tests were an MRI on his shoulder following more soreness as he tries to come back from surgery. There is no timetable for his return.
I feel like someone involved in this trade built their home over the top of an Indian burial ground or something.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 5
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 19
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (105)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)