Aug 6, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
I’m already miles beyond sick of people talking about Alex Rodriguez, but as a 30-year-old writer I’m amused by a 42-year-old general manager quoting Jay Z on the subject, like Rick Hahn of the White Sox did yesterday:
But Hahn mostly stayed away from the drama. He chose instead to focus on his team, which is in the midst of its longest losing streak in 37 years. … “You’ve seen this team play recently: I’ve got 99 problems and A-Rod ain’t one of them,” Hahn said with a smile.
In his first season since taking over for Kenny Williams the White Sox have plummeted to the second-worst record in baseball at 41-69, including 13 losses in the last 15 games.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 71
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 216
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (216)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)