Aug 6, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
I’m already miles beyond sick of people talking about Alex Rodriguez, but as a 30-year-old writer I’m amused by a 42-year-old general manager quoting Jay Z on the subject, like Rick Hahn of the White Sox did yesterday:
But Hahn mostly stayed away from the drama. He chose instead to focus on his team, which is in the midst of its longest losing streak in 37 years. … “You’ve seen this team play recently: I’ve got 99 problems and A-Rod ain’t one of them,” Hahn said with a smile.
In his first season since taking over for Kenny Williams the White Sox have plummeted to the second-worst record in baseball at 41-69, including 13 losses in the last 15 games.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 50
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)