Aug 6, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
I’m already miles beyond sick of people talking about Alex Rodriguez, but as a 30-year-old writer I’m amused by a 42-year-old general manager quoting Jay Z on the subject, like Rick Hahn of the White Sox did yesterday:
But Hahn mostly stayed away from the drama. He chose instead to focus on his team, which is in the midst of its longest losing streak in 37 years. … “You’ve seen this team play recently: I’ve got 99 problems and A-Rod ain’t one of them,” Hahn said with a smile.
In his first season since taking over for Kenny Williams the White Sox have plummeted to the second-worst record in baseball at 41-69, including 13 losses in the last 15 games.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)