Aug 7, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Danny Duffy, who last pitched for the Royals on May 13 of last season, will rejoin the rotation tonight after completing his comeback from Tommy John elbow surgery.
Duffy was off to a good start last season when he was shut down with elbow problems and before going under the knife the left-hander was a top-100 prospect who debuted at age 22. Now he’s 24 and will face the Twins in his return to the majors.
It’s unclear if the Royals plan to keep Duffy around for more than one start. For now he’s starting in place of Wade Davis, who’s away from the team following a death in the family, but Davis also has a 5.42 ERA in 21 starts overall this season and it’ll be tempting to stick with Duffy if he looks good tonight.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 17
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 49
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)