Aug 7, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
I don’t watch “The Bachelor” or “The Bachelorette,” but since I’m clearly not above writing about reality television shows when they have some baseball connection I figured this was worth passing along.
Apparently the winner of this season’s “The Bachelorette” is a former Cubs minor league pitcher named Chris Siegfried, who was drafted in the 11th round out of the University of Portland in 2007.
Sara Vallone of CSNChicago.com has more:
The left-handed pitcher started in the Cubs minor league system with Boise, spending a little more than a month with the Hawks before being sent to Peoria where he played until 2009. Later that year, he was promoted to Daytona. Siegfried hung up his spikes in 2011 after playing with Fargo-Moorhead of the Independent League.
During his five-year career, Siegfried appeared in 142 games, pitched 294 2/3 innings with a 4.64 ERA, had 224 strikeouts and ended with a 14-20 overall record.
If nothing else he fared better than Jeff Kent on “Survivor.”
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 1
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 21
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)