Aug 7, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
I don’t watch “The Bachelor” or “The Bachelorette,” but since I’m clearly not above writing about reality television shows when they have some baseball connection I figured this was worth passing along.
Apparently the winner of this season’s “The Bachelorette” is a former Cubs minor league pitcher named Chris Siegfried, who was drafted in the 11th round out of the University of Portland in 2007.
Sara Vallone of CSNChicago.com has more:
The left-handed pitcher started in the Cubs minor league system with Boise, spending a little more than a month with the Hawks before being sent to Peoria where he played until 2009. Later that year, he was promoted to Daytona. Siegfried hung up his spikes in 2011 after playing with Fargo-Moorhead of the Independent League.
During his five-year career, Siegfried appeared in 142 games, pitched 294 2/3 innings with a 4.64 ERA, had 224 strikeouts and ended with a 14-20 overall record.
If nothing else he fared better than Jeff Kent on “Survivor.”
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 59
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)