Aug 7, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
I don’t watch “The Bachelor” or “The Bachelorette,” but since I’m clearly not above writing about reality television shows when they have some baseball connection I figured this was worth passing along.
Apparently the winner of this season’s “The Bachelorette” is a former Cubs minor league pitcher named Chris Siegfried, who was drafted in the 11th round out of the University of Portland in 2007.
Sara Vallone of CSNChicago.com has more:
The left-handed pitcher started in the Cubs minor league system with Boise, spending a little more than a month with the Hawks before being sent to Peoria where he played until 2009. Later that year, he was promoted to Daytona. Siegfried hung up his spikes in 2011 after playing with Fargo-Moorhead of the Independent League.
During his five-year career, Siegfried appeared in 142 games, pitched 294 2/3 innings with a 4.64 ERA, had 224 strikeouts and ended with a 14-20 overall record.
If nothing else he fared better than Jeff Kent on “Survivor.”
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 41
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (86)