Aug 7, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
Because baseball needs rivalries. Too bad this is only a rhetorical rivalry at the moment. If it weren’t for the 14.5 games separating them we’d really have something!
Also: see if you can spot the historical/factual mistake I make here that makes me ashamed of myself but which we kept in here just to see if you’re sharp enough to catch it.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 44
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 33
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)