Aug 7, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Because baseball needs rivalries. Too bad this is only a rhetorical rivalry at the moment. If it weren’t for the 14.5 games separating them we’d really have something!
Also: see if you can spot the historical/factual mistake I make here that makes me ashamed of myself but which we kept in here just to see if you’re sharp enough to catch it.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17