Aug 7, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
Gonzalez has played through the injury off and on for the past month and hit .293 during that time, but didn’t show much power and repeatedly needed to sit out games when it flared up. He’ll be eligible to return on August 20, although with the Rockies already out of contention they won’t have much motivation to rush him back.
Overall this season Gonzalez has played 103 of a possible 114 games while hitting .302 with 26 homers, leading the NL in both slugging percentage (.591) and OPS (.958). Colorado has recently turned to Corey Dickerson as his primary replacement and Charlie Blackmon could also see extended action.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)