Aug 7, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
The Phillies season is going to end in September, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t anything to look forward to. CSNPhilly.com:
Halladay, 36, is 11 weeks removed from shoulder surgery performed in mid-May. He’ll head to Clearwater on Thursday to “ramp up” his rehab and face live hitters, according to Phillies insider Jim Salisbury.
Halladay will pitch a simulated game on Saturday. He feels good and has suffered no setbacks. Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. hopes Halladay will be ready to return to the Phils’ rotation by September.
He won’t just be pitching for the warm fuzzies of Philly fans. He’ll also be showcasing himself for free agency this winter.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (81)