Aug 7, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
The Phillies season is going to end in September, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t anything to look forward to. CSNPhilly.com:
Halladay, 36, is 11 weeks removed from shoulder surgery performed in mid-May. He’ll head to Clearwater on Thursday to “ramp up” his rehab and face live hitters, according to Phillies insider Jim Salisbury.
Halladay will pitch a simulated game on Saturday. He feels good and has suffered no setbacks. Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. hopes Halladay will be ready to return to the Phils’ rotation by September.
He won’t just be pitching for the warm fuzzies of Philly fans. He’ll also be showcasing himself for free agency this winter.
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 2
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 37
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)