Aug 7, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
The Phillies season is going to end in September, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t anything to look forward to. CSNPhilly.com:
Halladay, 36, is 11 weeks removed from shoulder surgery performed in mid-May. He’ll head to Clearwater on Thursday to “ramp up” his rehab and face live hitters, according to Phillies insider Jim Salisbury.
Halladay will pitch a simulated game on Saturday. He feels good and has suffered no setbacks. Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. hopes Halladay will be ready to return to the Phils’ rotation by September.
He won’t just be pitching for the warm fuzzies of Philly fans. He’ll also be showcasing himself for free agency this winter.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)