Aug 7, 2013, 5:44 PM EST
The Phillies season is going to end in September, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t anything to look forward to. CSNPhilly.com:
Halladay, 36, is 11 weeks removed from shoulder surgery performed in mid-May. He’ll head to Clearwater on Thursday to “ramp up” his rehab and face live hitters, according to Phillies insider Jim Salisbury.
Halladay will pitch a simulated game on Saturday. He feels good and has suffered no setbacks. Phillies GM Ruben Amaro Jr. hopes Halladay will be ready to return to the Phils’ rotation by September.
He won’t just be pitching for the warm fuzzies of Philly fans. He’ll also be showcasing himself for free agency this winter.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)