Aug 7, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
Benches cleared in last night’s Braves-Nats game after Julio Teheran plunked Bryce Harper. The teams’ Twitter feeds went at it a bit too after Harper took steps toward the pitchers mound after he was hit.
First, the homer:
— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) August 6, 2013
Then the plunking and Harper coming at Teheran:
Clown move bro
— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) August 7, 2013
@Braves Which part, giving up the home run, or drilling the 20-year-old on the first pitch his next time up?
— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) August 7, 2013
I’ll give the advantage to the Nats feed. Mostly because throwing at guys after they hit homers is low rent crap.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 15
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 57
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)