Aug 7, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
Benches cleared in last night’s Braves-Nats game after Julio Teheran plunked Bryce Harper. The teams’ Twitter feeds went at it a bit too after Harper took steps toward the pitchers mound after he was hit.
First, the homer:
— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) August 6, 2013
Then the plunking and Harper coming at Teheran:
Clown move bro
— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) August 7, 2013
@Braves Which part, giving up the home run, or drilling the 20-year-old on the first pitch his next time up?
— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) August 7, 2013
I’ll give the advantage to the Nats feed. Mostly because throwing at guys after they hit homers is low rent crap.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 9
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)