Aug 7, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
Benches cleared in last night’s Braves-Nats game after Julio Teheran plunked Bryce Harper. The teams’ Twitter feeds went at it a bit too after Harper took steps toward the pitchers mound after he was hit.
First, the homer:
— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) August 6, 2013
Then the plunking and Harper coming at Teheran:
Clown move bro
— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) August 7, 2013
@Braves Which part, giving up the home run, or drilling the 20-year-old on the first pitch his next time up?
— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) August 7, 2013
I’ll give the advantage to the Nats feed. Mostly because throwing at guys after they hit homers is low rent crap.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)