Aug 7, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
Benches cleared in last night’s Braves-Nats game after Julio Teheran plunked Bryce Harper. The teams’ Twitter feeds went at it a bit too after Harper took steps toward the pitchers mound after he was hit.
First, the homer:
— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) August 6, 2013
Then the plunking and Harper coming at Teheran:
Clown move bro
— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) August 7, 2013
@Braves Which part, giving up the home run, or drilling the 20-year-old on the first pitch his next time up?
— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) August 7, 2013
I’ll give the advantage to the Nats feed. Mostly because throwing at guys after they hit homers is low rent crap.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)