Aug 7, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
Benches cleared in last night’s Braves-Nats game after Julio Teheran plunked Bryce Harper. The teams’ Twitter feeds went at it a bit too after Harper took steps toward the pitchers mound after he was hit.
First, the homer:
— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) August 6, 2013
Then the plunking and Harper coming at Teheran:
Clown move bro
— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) August 7, 2013
@Braves Which part, giving up the home run, or drilling the 20-year-old on the first pitch his next time up?
— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) August 7, 2013
I’ll give the advantage to the Nats feed. Mostly because throwing at guys after they hit homers is low rent crap.
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 0
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 21
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 13
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 12
- The Braves to sign Ervin Santana to a one-year deal, announcement coming this morning 56
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)