Aug 8, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
The Major League Baseball Players Association formally appealed Alex Rodriguez‘s 211-game suspension Wednesday, sending the case to an independent arbitrator. Union spokesman Greg Bouris confirmed the appeal and said the players’ association had no further comment.
Major League Baseball declined comment too. If A-Rod comments no one is going to believe him anyway, so he probably shouldn’t bother.
All of this is a formality, of course. But the formal parts are what really matters when you’re doing legal things.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)