Aug 8, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
The Major League Baseball Players Association formally appealed Alex Rodriguez‘s 211-game suspension Wednesday, sending the case to an independent arbitrator. Union spokesman Greg Bouris confirmed the appeal and said the players’ association had no further comment.
Major League Baseball declined comment too. If A-Rod comments no one is going to believe him anyway, so he probably shouldn’t bother.
All of this is a formality, of course. But the formal parts are what really matters when you’re doing legal things.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (232)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)