Aug 8, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
UPDATE: Oops, as soon as he clears waivers he’s scratched with a bum hamstring.
11:03 AM: Ken Rosenthal reports that Michael Young has passed through waivers and is now eligible to be traded to any major league team. Well, not any team. He still has his no-trade clause fully intact, so he’s in the same position he was before the trade deadline.
At the time he was reportedly willing to waive his no-trade rights to go to Texas, New York and Boston. It’s not at all clear that the Yankees would be interested anymore now that A-Rod is back. Boston might want him for depth. Texas might want him for leadership. I dunno. Seems like a long shot that he’d actually get traded. And if he is, it’s hard to see him bringing much if any value back Philly’s way.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)