Aug 8, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
UPDATE: Oops, as soon as he clears waivers he’s scratched with a bum hamstring.
11:03 AM: Ken Rosenthal reports that Michael Young has passed through waivers and is now eligible to be traded to any major league team. Well, not any team. He still has his no-trade clause fully intact, so he’s in the same position he was before the trade deadline.
At the time he was reportedly willing to waive his no-trade rights to go to Texas, New York and Boston. It’s not at all clear that the Yankees would be interested anymore now that A-Rod is back. Boston might want him for depth. Texas might want him for leadership. I dunno. Seems like a long shot that he’d actually get traded. And if he is, it’s hard to see him bringing much if any value back Philly’s way.
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 4
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 49
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 85
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (86)