Aug 8, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
UPDATE: Oops, as soon as he clears waivers he’s scratched with a bum hamstring.
11:03 AM: Ken Rosenthal reports that Michael Young has passed through waivers and is now eligible to be traded to any major league team. Well, not any team. He still has his no-trade clause fully intact, so he’s in the same position he was before the trade deadline.
At the time he was reportedly willing to waive his no-trade rights to go to Texas, New York and Boston. It’s not at all clear that the Yankees would be interested anymore now that A-Rod is back. Boston might want him for depth. Texas might want him for leadership. I dunno. Seems like a long shot that he’d actually get traded. And if he is, it’s hard to see him bringing much if any value back Philly’s way.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)