Aug 8, 2013, 3:19 PM EDT
I remember it. Watched it start too. Then watched it get rained out, so it technically didn’t count. Oh well, that’s history for you. Here’s some more history of it via Chris Jaffe of the Hardball Times, talking about how they finally got lights at Wrigley and what happened in the game that never officially happened. Including an appearance by Morganna the Kissing Bandit.
Also history: a video artifact of that game courtesy of MLB Productions: a “Scrooged”-era Bill Murray in the booth with Harry Caray:
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)