Aug 8, 2013, 3:19 PM EDT
I remember it. Watched it start too. Then watched it get rained out, so it technically didn’t count. Oh well, that’s history for you. Here’s some more history of it via Chris Jaffe of the Hardball Times, talking about how they finally got lights at Wrigley and what happened in the game that never officially happened. Including an appearance by Morganna the Kissing Bandit.
Also history: a video artifact of that game courtesy of MLB Productions: a “Scrooged”-era Bill Murray in the booth with Harry Caray:
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)