Aug 8, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
Casper Wells gets around. This season alone he has been part of the Mariners, Blue Jays, A’s and White Sox organizations. Now he has been claimed by the Phillies.
He’s had 76 plate appearances in the bigs this season with a line of .155/.211/.169. His best performance of the year came as a pitcher, though. Maybe the Phillies are going to try him out in the pen.
Either way, it’d be nice to see him stick with a team for more than five minutes.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)