Aug 8, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
Casper Wells gets around. This season alone he has been part of the Mariners, Blue Jays, A’s and White Sox organizations. Now he has been claimed by the Phillies.
He’s had 76 plate appearances in the bigs this season with a line of .155/.211/.169. His best performance of the year came as a pitcher, though. Maybe the Phillies are going to try him out in the pen.
Either way, it’d be nice to see him stick with a team for more than five minutes.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 26
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 59
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)