Aug 8, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
Casper Wells gets around. This season alone he has been part of the Mariners, Blue Jays, A’s and White Sox organizations. Now he has been claimed by the Phillies.
He’s had 76 plate appearances in the bigs this season with a line of .155/.211/.169. His best performance of the year came as a pitcher, though. Maybe the Phillies are going to try him out in the pen.
Either way, it’d be nice to see him stick with a team for more than five minutes.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 14
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)