Aug 8, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
Right-hander Yu Darivsh had some tightness in his gluteus maximus (buttocks) muscle during his start Tuesday, but remained in the game after a visit from Washington, pitching coach Mike Maddux and athletic trainer Kevin Harmon.
I sorta feel like this is something that has had to happen before except teams usually give it a vaguer description like “lower back tightness” or “slight hamstring tightness” or something. Which, while I suppose is more polite, is a bit misleading now that I think about it, so maybe the tight butt diagnosis is best.
In other news, how does one stretch a butt so as to prevent this?
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)