Aug 8, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
Right-hander Yu Darivsh had some tightness in his gluteus maximus (buttocks) muscle during his start Tuesday, but remained in the game after a visit from Washington, pitching coach Mike Maddux and athletic trainer Kevin Harmon.
I sorta feel like this is something that has had to happen before except teams usually give it a vaguer description like “lower back tightness” or “slight hamstring tightness” or something. Which, while I suppose is more polite, is a bit misleading now that I think about it, so maybe the tight butt diagnosis is best.
In other news, how does one stretch a butt so as to prevent this?
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)