Aug 8, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
Right-hander Yu Darivsh had some tightness in his gluteus maximus (buttocks) muscle during his start Tuesday, but remained in the game after a visit from Washington, pitching coach Mike Maddux and athletic trainer Kevin Harmon.
I sorta feel like this is something that has had to happen before except teams usually give it a vaguer description like “lower back tightness” or “slight hamstring tightness” or something. Which, while I suppose is more polite, is a bit misleading now that I think about it, so maybe the tight butt diagnosis is best.
In other news, how does one stretch a butt so as to prevent this?
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 49
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)