Aug 8, 2013, 8:55 AM EST
Right-hander Yu Darivsh had some tightness in his gluteus maximus (buttocks) muscle during his start Tuesday, but remained in the game after a visit from Washington, pitching coach Mike Maddux and athletic trainer Kevin Harmon.
I sorta feel like this is something that has had to happen before except teams usually give it a vaguer description like “lower back tightness” or “slight hamstring tightness” or something. Which, while I suppose is more polite, is a bit misleading now that I think about it, so maybe the tight butt diagnosis is best.
In other news, how does one stretch a butt so as to prevent this?
- Report: Mariners break off talks with Robinson Cano after Jay Z “overplayed his hand” 45
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 86
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)