Aug 9, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
In his ongoing battle to salvage his reputation and big-league career, Alex Rodriguez has hired the same private-investigation firm Dominique Strauss-Kahn used to successfully contest a 2011 rape allegation … A-Rod must surely be hoping the pricey P.I.’s at Guidepost can deliver the same kind of results they did for DSK. Amid an international media frenzy, the Guidepost investigators were able to quickly obtain damaging information about Strauss-Kahn’s complainant, Nafissatou Diallo. Prosecutors dropped all charges against the former International Monetary Fund chief soon after.
Perhaps this works for A-Rod. Or perhaps this is just a gambit to get people to compare him to Dominique Strauss-Kahn so as to put A-Rod in a better light given how monumental a sleazeball Strauss-Kahn is.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (74)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (70)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (70)