Aug 9, 2013, 2:51 PM EDT
In his ongoing battle to salvage his reputation and big-league career, Alex Rodriguez has hired the same private-investigation firm Dominique Strauss-Kahn used to successfully contest a 2011 rape allegation … A-Rod must surely be hoping the pricey P.I.’s at Guidepost can deliver the same kind of results they did for DSK. Amid an international media frenzy, the Guidepost investigators were able to quickly obtain damaging information about Strauss-Kahn’s complainant, Nafissatou Diallo. Prosecutors dropped all charges against the former International Monetary Fund chief soon after.
Perhaps this works for A-Rod. Or perhaps this is just a gambit to get people to compare him to Dominique Strauss-Kahn so as to put A-Rod in a better light given how monumental a sleazeball Strauss-Kahn is.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)