Aug 9, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Adam Rosales was on the Athletics. Then, a week ago, he was claimed by the Rangers off waivers. He joined the Rangers. Three days later the Rangers designated him for assignment. He was reclaimed by the Athletics and is with the team in Toronto.
If you think these quick moves back and forth may have led to some disorientation, you’re right:
Rosales is in Toronto. His wife is in Oakland. And all of their belongings, including their car? Shipped to Texas.
— Jane Lee (@JaneMLB) August 9, 2013
This is why, as a child of early 1980s nuclear paranoia, I always keep a “go-bag” nearby. Kids these days who never watched the original “Red Dawn” don’t realize how important that is.
Oh well, at least Rosales has some stability now and can let life settle down.
At least as long as he isn’t DFA’d again when the A’s need to make a roster move in a couple of days.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 24
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 24
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 38
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (99)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)