Aug 9, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
Adam Rosales was on the Athletics. Then, a week ago, he was claimed by the Rangers off waivers. He joined the Rangers. Three days later the Rangers designated him for assignment. He was reclaimed by the Athletics and is with the team in Toronto.
If you think these quick moves back and forth may have led to some disorientation, you’re right:
Rosales is in Toronto. His wife is in Oakland. And all of their belongings, including their car? Shipped to Texas.
— Jane Lee (@JaneMLB) August 9, 2013
This is why, as a child of early 1980s nuclear paranoia, I always keep a “go-bag” nearby. Kids these days who never watched the original “Red Dawn” don’t realize how important that is.
Oh well, at least Rosales has some stability now and can let life settle down.
At least as long as he isn’t DFA’d again when the A’s need to make a roster move in a couple of days.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)