Aug 9, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Adam Rosales was on the Athletics. Then, a week ago, he was claimed by the Rangers off waivers. He joined the Rangers. Three days later the Rangers designated him for assignment. He was reclaimed by the Athletics and is with the team in Toronto.
If you think these quick moves back and forth may have led to some disorientation, you’re right:
Rosales is in Toronto. His wife is in Oakland. And all of their belongings, including their car? Shipped to Texas.
— Jane Lee (@JaneMLB) August 9, 2013
This is why, as a child of early 1980s nuclear paranoia, I always keep a “go-bag” nearby. Kids these days who never watched the original “Red Dawn” don’t realize how important that is.
Oh well, at least Rosales has some stability now and can let life settle down.
At least as long as he isn’t DFA’d again when the A’s need to make a roster move in a couple of days.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)