Aug 9, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Adam Rosales was on the Athletics. Then, a week ago, he was claimed by the Rangers off waivers. He joined the Rangers. Three days later the Rangers designated him for assignment. He was reclaimed by the Athletics and is with the team in Toronto.
If you think these quick moves back and forth may have led to some disorientation, you’re right:
Rosales is in Toronto. His wife is in Oakland. And all of their belongings, including their car? Shipped to Texas.
— Jane Lee (@JaneMLB) August 9, 2013
This is why, as a child of early 1980s nuclear paranoia, I always keep a “go-bag” nearby. Kids these days who never watched the original “Red Dawn” don’t realize how important that is.
Oh well, at least Rosales has some stability now and can let life settle down.
At least as long as he isn’t DFA’d again when the A’s need to make a roster move in a couple of days.
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 12
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 31
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 68
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)