Aug 9, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
UPDATE: Just, like, well, never mind:
— Detroit Tigers (@tigers) August 9, 2013
9:44 AM: Everything is going the Tigers’ way right now. Almost everything:
Leyland: Alex Avila being tested for possible concussion.
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) August 9, 2013
This after Avila took a ball off the mask in last night’s game. He’s been sent back to Detroit and will not be flying with the Tigers to New York.
Avila has had a tough year, but he has experienced a decided uptick at the plate since returning to the DL. For now Tigers catcher is Bryan Pena’s job.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 15
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)