Aug 9, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
UPDATE: Just, like, well, never mind:
— Detroit Tigers (@tigers) August 9, 2013
9:44 AM: Everything is going the Tigers’ way right now. Almost everything:
Leyland: Alex Avila being tested for possible concussion.
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) August 9, 2013
This after Avila took a ball off the mask in last night’s game. He’s been sent back to Detroit and will not be flying with the Tigers to New York.
Avila has had a tough year, but he has experienced a decided uptick at the plate since returning to the DL. For now Tigers catcher is Bryan Pena’s job.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)