Aug 9, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
UPDATE: Just, like, well, never mind:
— Detroit Tigers (@tigers) August 9, 2013
9:44 AM: Everything is going the Tigers’ way right now. Almost everything:
Leyland: Alex Avila being tested for possible concussion.
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) August 9, 2013
This after Avila took a ball off the mask in last night’s game. He’s been sent back to Detroit and will not be flying with the Tigers to New York.
Avila has had a tough year, but he has experienced a decided uptick at the plate since returning to the DL. For now Tigers catcher is Bryan Pena’s job.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 2
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 3
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 48
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)