Aug 9, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
UPDATE: Just, like, well, never mind:
— Detroit Tigers (@tigers) August 9, 2013
9:44 AM: Everything is going the Tigers’ way right now. Almost everything:
Leyland: Alex Avila being tested for possible concussion.
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) August 9, 2013
This after Avila took a ball off the mask in last night’s game. He’s been sent back to Detroit and will not be flying with the Tigers to New York.
Avila has had a tough year, but he has experienced a decided uptick at the plate since returning to the DL. For now Tigers catcher is Bryan Pena’s job.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)