Aug 9, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
UPDATE: Just, like, well, never mind:
— Detroit Tigers (@tigers) August 9, 2013
9:44 AM: Everything is going the Tigers’ way right now. Almost everything:
Leyland: Alex Avila being tested for possible concussion.
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) August 9, 2013
This after Avila took a ball off the mask in last night’s game. He’s been sent back to Detroit and will not be flying with the Tigers to New York.
Avila has had a tough year, but he has experienced a decided uptick at the plate since returning to the DL. For now Tigers catcher is Bryan Pena’s job.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 41
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (80)