Aug 9, 2013, 11:33 AM EST
Interesting article from Richard Griffin, in which he talks to Jose Reyes, Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion about the alarming number of Dominican players who were involved in the Biogenesis mess and PED stuff in general. Each of them talks about why that may be and what could be done about it.
I find it interesting in that they all don’t see the matter the same way. One talks about the clear incentives to escape poverty, but others talk about how baseball education and cultural stuff could be playing a part too.
No real grand takeaways here, but it’s neat to hear guys talking about the problem in rational Earth-bound terms rather than turning it into a morality play.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)