Aug 9, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Interesting article from Richard Griffin, in which he talks to Jose Reyes, Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion about the alarming number of Dominican players who were involved in the Biogenesis mess and PED stuff in general. Each of them talks about why that may be and what could be done about it.
I find it interesting in that they all don’t see the matter the same way. One talks about the clear incentives to escape poverty, but others talk about how baseball education and cultural stuff could be playing a part too.
No real grand takeaways here, but it’s neat to hear guys talking about the problem in rational Earth-bound terms rather than turning it into a morality play.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 7
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 5
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)