Aug 9, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Neftali Feliz‘s recovery from Tommy John elbow surgery has moved to Triple-A, where the Rangers right-hander struggled yesterday in his first rehab appearance for Round Rock.
Feliz threw just 11 of 22 pitches for strikes, walking two and allowing a single before exiting with the bases loaded.
Todd Willis of ESPN Dallas reports that Feliz “struggled to command his pitches” and “his changeup also didn’t appear to be sharp.” However, his fastball was clocked at 92-93 miles per hour and that’s close enough to his pre-surgery velocity to be encouraged this early in the rehab process.
Texas has already mapped out his next four appearances between now and a week from Saturday, so Feliz won’t be rushed back to the majors.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)