Aug 9, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Brewers second baseman Rickie Weeks will miss the remainder of the 2013 season as he will undergo surgery on his injured left hamstring, reports Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Weeks suffered the injury in the eighth inning of Wednesday’s game against the Giants.
It’s been a rough year for Weeks. His 2013 season ends with a career-low .663 OPS. His individual slash line stats (.209/.306/.357) fell to career-lows as well.
The Brewers called up Scooter Gennett to fill the vacant spot on the roster. In 57 trips to the plate this season, he has posted a .690 OPS. He wasn’t faring much better with Triple-A Nashville — in 349 PA, he had a .697 OPS.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (106)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)