Aug 9, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Brewers second baseman Rickie Weeks will miss the remainder of the 2013 season as he will undergo surgery on his injured left hamstring, reports Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Weeks suffered the injury in the eighth inning of Wednesday’s game against the Giants.
It’s been a rough year for Weeks. His 2013 season ends with a career-low .663 OPS. His individual slash line stats (.209/.306/.357) fell to career-lows as well.
The Brewers called up Scooter Gennett to fill the vacant spot on the roster. In 57 trips to the plate this season, he has posted a .690 OPS. He wasn’t faring much better with Triple-A Nashville — in 349 PA, he had a .697 OPS.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)