Aug 9, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Brewers second baseman Rickie Weeks will miss the remainder of the 2013 season as he will undergo surgery on his injured left hamstring, reports Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Weeks suffered the injury in the eighth inning of Wednesday’s game against the Giants.
It’s been a rough year for Weeks. His 2013 season ends with a career-low .663 OPS. His individual slash line stats (.209/.306/.357) fell to career-lows as well.
The Brewers called up Scooter Gennett to fill the vacant spot on the roster. In 57 trips to the plate this season, he has posted a .690 OPS. He wasn’t faring much better with Triple-A Nashville — in 349 PA, he had a .697 OPS.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (127)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)