Aug 9, 2013, 11:55 PM EDT
Brewers second baseman Rickie Weeks will miss the remainder of the 2013 season as he will undergo surgery on his injured left hamstring, reports Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Weeks suffered the injury in the eighth inning of Wednesday’s game against the Giants.
It’s been a rough year for Weeks. His 2013 season ends with a career-low .663 OPS. His individual slash line stats (.209/.306/.357) fell to career-lows as well.
The Brewers called up Scooter Gennett to fill the vacant spot on the roster. In 57 trips to the plate this season, he has posted a .690 OPS. He wasn’t faring much better with Triple-A Nashville — in 349 PA, he had a .697 OPS.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 85
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 22
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15