Aug 9, 2013, 11:55 PM EST
Brewers second baseman Rickie Weeks will miss the remainder of the 2013 season as he will undergo surgery on his injured left hamstring, reports Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Weeks suffered the injury in the eighth inning of Wednesday’s game against the Giants.
It’s been a rough year for Weeks. His 2013 season ends with a career-low .663 OPS. His individual slash line stats (.209/.306/.357) fell to career-lows as well.
The Brewers called up Scooter Gennett to fill the vacant spot on the roster. In 57 trips to the plate this season, he has posted a .690 OPS. He wasn’t faring much better with Triple-A Nashville — in 349 PA, he had a .697 OPS.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)