Aug 9, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
All kinds of baseball on the late night shows last night. Following up on Mark Cuban on Jay Leno, Derek Jeter was on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon last night, where he auditioned some possible new walkup music by The Roots and Fallon.
Option three is actually pretty freakin’ sweet. He’ll never use it because he doesn’t roll that way, but he totally should.
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 2
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)