Aug 9, 2013, 12:06 PM EDT
Ryan Doumit took a foul tip to the mask Sunday, didn’t tell anyone with the Twins that he was experiencing post-concussion symptoms, and then left Wednesday’s game with nausea. Doumit later admitting to being “in a fog” and now he’s been placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list.
To take Doumit’s roster spot the Twins activated Josh Willingham, who missed five weeks following knee surgery. Willingham was a mess before going under the knife, struggling offensively and limping around in left field, but if he can put together a good couple weeks it’s possible that the Twins could find a taker for him before August 31.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 5
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 44
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 107
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (84)