Aug 9, 2013, 12:06 PM EDT
Ryan Doumit took a foul tip to the mask Sunday, didn’t tell anyone with the Twins that he was experiencing post-concussion symptoms, and then left Wednesday’s game with nausea. Doumit later admitting to being “in a fog” and now he’s been placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list.
To take Doumit’s roster spot the Twins activated Josh Willingham, who missed five weeks following knee surgery. Willingham was a mess before going under the knife, struggling offensively and limping around in left field, but if he can put together a good couple weeks it’s possible that the Twins could find a taker for him before August 31.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 16
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)