Aug 9, 2013, 12:06 PM EDT
Ryan Doumit took a foul tip to the mask Sunday, didn’t tell anyone with the Twins that he was experiencing post-concussion symptoms, and then left Wednesday’s game with nausea. Doumit later admitting to being “in a fog” and now he’s been placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list.
To take Doumit’s roster spot the Twins activated Josh Willingham, who missed five weeks following knee surgery. Willingham was a mess before going under the knife, struggling offensively and limping around in left field, but if he can put together a good couple weeks it’s possible that the Twins could find a taker for him before August 31.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)