Aug 9, 2013, 12:06 PM EDT
Ryan Doumit took a foul tip to the mask Sunday, didn’t tell anyone with the Twins that he was experiencing post-concussion symptoms, and then left Wednesday’s game with nausea. Doumit later admitting to being “in a fog” and now he’s been placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list.
To take Doumit’s roster spot the Twins activated Josh Willingham, who missed five weeks following knee surgery. Willingham was a mess before going under the knife, struggling offensively and limping around in left field, but if he can put together a good couple weeks it’s possible that the Twins could find a taker for him before August 31.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 2
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)