Aug 9, 2013, 12:06 PM EST
Ryan Doumit took a foul tip to the mask Sunday, didn’t tell anyone with the Twins that he was experiencing post-concussion symptoms, and then left Wednesday’s game with nausea. Doumit later admitting to being “in a fog” and now he’s been placed on the seven-day concussion disabled list.
To take Doumit’s roster spot the Twins activated Josh Willingham, who missed five weeks following knee surgery. Willingham was a mess before going under the knife, struggling offensively and limping around in left field, but if he can put together a good couple weeks it’s possible that the Twins could find a taker for him before August 31.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)