Aug 9, 2013, 3:45 PM EST
Immediately after trading Alex Rios to the Rangers this afternoon the White Sox called up Avisail Garcia to replace him in their outfield, adding the 22-year-old less than two weeks after they acquired him from the Tigers in the Jake Peavy deal.
Garcia is an interesting player in that he’s been young for every level of competition and has hit .340 between Double-A and Triple-A, but he’s also drawn just 19 walks in those 96 games while striking out 74 times and hitting a modest 12 homers.
If he grows into a bit more power and develops a more patient approach at the plate he could be a middle-of-the-order bat long term.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 10
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 55
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)