Aug 10, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
The High Desert Mavericks played the Lancaster Jethawks in a California league tilt last night. This happened:
The whole box score is here. Two Lancaster pitchers gave up ten runs a piece in only two-thirds innings of work. Patrick Kivlehan of the Mavericks led the charge with a 5 for 7 night and drove in six. His teammate Andrew Aplin drove in four. He has 96 RBI on the season, which seems a lot for high-A ball.
Overall: Lancaster is a much better team than High Desert, at least if you look at the won-loss record. I suppose a lot of odd things happen in high-A ball.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)