Aug 10, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
The High Desert Mavericks played the Lancaster Jethawks in a California league tilt last night. This happened:
The whole box score is here. Two Lancaster pitchers gave up ten runs a piece in only two-thirds innings of work. Patrick Kivlehan of the Mavericks led the charge with a 5 for 7 night and drove in six. His teammate Andrew Aplin drove in four. He has 96 RBI on the season, which seems a lot for high-A ball.
Overall: Lancaster is a much better team than High Desert, at least if you look at the won-loss record. I suppose a lot of odd things happen in high-A ball.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 28
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 60
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)