Aug 10, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
The High Desert Mavericks played the Lancaster Jethawks in a California league tilt last night. This happened:
The whole box score is here. Two Lancaster pitchers gave up ten runs a piece in only two-thirds innings of work. Patrick Kivlehan of the Mavericks led the charge with a 5 for 7 night and drove in six. His teammate Andrew Aplin drove in four. He has 96 RBI on the season, which seems a lot for high-A ball.
Overall: Lancaster is a much better team than High Desert, at least if you look at the won-loss record. I suppose a lot of odd things happen in high-A ball.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)