Aug 10, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
The High Desert Mavericks played the Lancaster Jethawks in a California league tilt last night. This happened:
The whole box score is here. Two Lancaster pitchers gave up ten runs a piece in only two-thirds innings of work. Patrick Kivlehan of the Mavericks led the charge with a 5 for 7 night and drove in six. His teammate Andrew Aplin drove in four. He has 96 RBI on the season, which seems a lot for high-A ball.
Overall: Lancaster is a much better team than High Desert, at least if you look at the won-loss record. I suppose a lot of odd things happen in high-A ball.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 3
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)