Aug 10, 2013, 1:40 PM EST
I’m not sure what God, spirit, or front office executive Adam Rosales pissed off, but his crazy week continued last night as he was DFA’d by the Athletics to make room for Sonny Gray, will make his first major league start today.
This concludes a week in which he was DFA’d by the A’s the first time, claimed by the Rangers, DFA’d by the Rangers three days later and reclaimed by the A’s. Just yesterday he showed up in the A’s clubhouse telling tales of how he, his wife and his stuff were in three different cities. Now he’s been DFA’d again.
It’s possible, though, that his travels will be limited. Susan Slusser says that the A’s want to keep him in the organization:
For those asking about #Athletics picking up Rosales for one day only, they are hoping to get him through waivers this time, keep in system.
— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) August 10, 2013
Here’s hoping. I mean, sure, it’d be better for him if he could snag a major league job, but at the moment I feel like a week in one place might be rather nice for the kid.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)