Aug 10, 2013, 1:40 PM EDT
I’m not sure what God, spirit, or front office executive Adam Rosales pissed off, but his crazy week continued last night as he was DFA’d by the Athletics to make room for Sonny Gray, will make his first major league start today.
This concludes a week in which he was DFA’d by the A’s the first time, claimed by the Rangers, DFA’d by the Rangers three days later and reclaimed by the A’s. Just yesterday he showed up in the A’s clubhouse telling tales of how he, his wife and his stuff were in three different cities. Now he’s been DFA’d again.
It’s possible, though, that his travels will be limited. Susan Slusser says that the A’s want to keep him in the organization:
For those asking about #Athletics picking up Rosales for one day only, they are hoping to get him through waivers this time, keep in system.
— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) August 10, 2013
Here’s hoping. I mean, sure, it’d be better for him if he could snag a major league job, but at the moment I feel like a week in one place might be rather nice for the kid.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 49
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)