Aug 10, 2013, 1:40 PM EST
I’m not sure what God, spirit, or front office executive Adam Rosales pissed off, but his crazy week continued last night as he was DFA’d by the Athletics to make room for Sonny Gray, will make his first major league start today.
This concludes a week in which he was DFA’d by the A’s the first time, claimed by the Rangers, DFA’d by the Rangers three days later and reclaimed by the A’s. Just yesterday he showed up in the A’s clubhouse telling tales of how he, his wife and his stuff were in three different cities. Now he’s been DFA’d again.
It’s possible, though, that his travels will be limited. Susan Slusser says that the A’s want to keep him in the organization:
For those asking about #Athletics picking up Rosales for one day only, they are hoping to get him through waivers this time, keep in system.
— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) August 10, 2013
Here’s hoping. I mean, sure, it’d be better for him if he could snag a major league job, but at the moment I feel like a week in one place might be rather nice for the kid.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 24
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 30
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 33
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)