Aug 10, 2013, 1:40 PM EDT
I’m not sure what God, spirit, or front office executive Adam Rosales pissed off, but his crazy week continued last night as he was DFA’d by the Athletics to make room for Sonny Gray, will make his first major league start today.
This concludes a week in which he was DFA’d by the A’s the first time, claimed by the Rangers, DFA’d by the Rangers three days later and reclaimed by the A’s. Just yesterday he showed up in the A’s clubhouse telling tales of how he, his wife and his stuff were in three different cities. Now he’s been DFA’d again.
It’s possible, though, that his travels will be limited. Susan Slusser says that the A’s want to keep him in the organization:
For those asking about #Athletics picking up Rosales for one day only, they are hoping to get him through waivers this time, keep in system.
— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) August 10, 2013
Here’s hoping. I mean, sure, it’d be better for him if he could snag a major league job, but at the moment I feel like a week in one place might be rather nice for the kid.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)