Aug 10, 2013, 1:40 PM EDT
I’m not sure what God, spirit, or front office executive Adam Rosales pissed off, but his crazy week continued last night as he was DFA’d by the Athletics to make room for Sonny Gray, will make his first major league start today.
This concludes a week in which he was DFA’d by the A’s the first time, claimed by the Rangers, DFA’d by the Rangers three days later and reclaimed by the A’s. Just yesterday he showed up in the A’s clubhouse telling tales of how he, his wife and his stuff were in three different cities. Now he’s been DFA’d again.
It’s possible, though, that his travels will be limited. Susan Slusser says that the A’s want to keep him in the organization:
For those asking about #Athletics picking up Rosales for one day only, they are hoping to get him through waivers this time, keep in system.
— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) August 10, 2013
Here’s hoping. I mean, sure, it’d be better for him if he could snag a major league job, but at the moment I feel like a week in one place might be rather nice for the kid.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 15
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 73
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)