Aug 10, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
A day after carrying his Orioles to a ten-inning victory over the Giants, first baseman Chris Davis hit home run #42 of the season, a solo shot, in the eighth inning against reliever Santiago Casilla to bring his team within one run. Unfortunately for the Orioles, however, Casilla and closer Sergio Romo did not allow any more offense, nailing down the Giants’ 3-2 victory.
ESPN Stats & Info estimates the home run at 466 feet, which is the longest home run Davis has hit in his career.
Watch “Crush” crush a Casilla slider:
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)