Aug 10, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
A day after carrying his Orioles to a ten-inning victory over the Giants, first baseman Chris Davis hit home run #42 of the season, a solo shot, in the eighth inning against reliever Santiago Casilla to bring his team within one run. Unfortunately for the Orioles, however, Casilla and closer Sergio Romo did not allow any more offense, nailing down the Giants’ 3-2 victory.
ESPN Stats & Info estimates the home run at 466 feet, which is the longest home run Davis has hit in his career.
Watch “Crush” crush a Casilla slider:
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 9
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 163
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 31
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (163)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)