Aug 10, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
A day after carrying his Orioles to a ten-inning victory over the Giants, first baseman Chris Davis hit home run #42 of the season, a solo shot, in the eighth inning against reliever Santiago Casilla to bring his team within one run. Unfortunately for the Orioles, however, Casilla and closer Sergio Romo did not allow any more offense, nailing down the Giants’ 3-2 victory.
ESPN Stats & Info estimates the home run at 466 feet, which is the longest home run Davis has hit in his career.
Watch “Crush” crush a Casilla slider:
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)