Aug 10, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
A day after carrying his Orioles to a ten-inning victory over the Giants, first baseman Chris Davis hit home run #42 of the season, a solo shot, in the eighth inning against reliever Santiago Casilla to bring his team within one run. Unfortunately for the Orioles, however, Casilla and closer Sergio Romo did not allow any more offense, nailing down the Giants’ 3-2 victory.
ESPN Stats & Info estimates the home run at 466 feet, which is the longest home run Davis has hit in his career.
Watch “Crush” crush a Casilla slider:
- Roy Halladay is retiring 45
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 34
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 52
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)