Aug 10, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
A day after carrying his Orioles to a ten-inning victory over the Giants, first baseman Chris Davis hit home run #42 of the season, a solo shot, in the eighth inning against reliever Santiago Casilla to bring his team within one run. Unfortunately for the Orioles, however, Casilla and closer Sergio Romo did not allow any more offense, nailing down the Giants’ 3-2 victory.
ESPN Stats & Info estimates the home run at 466 feet, which is the longest home run Davis has hit in his career.
Watch “Crush” crush a Casilla slider:
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (114)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)