Aug 11, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez slugged his first home run of the 2013 season — a second-inning solo shot — Sunday off Tigers ace Justin Verlander. It was A-Rod’s 648th career homer and pushed him into a tie with Cardinals legend Stan Musial for sixth place on the all-time RBI leaderboard. Rodriguez is now just 12 home runs behind Giants great Willie Mays (660) on the all-time home run list.
Rodriguez has been suspended for 211 games (through 2014) by Major League Baseball but is in the process of appealing that sentence and may be allowed to finish out the season on the Yankees’ active roster.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 58
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)