Aug 11, 2013, 4:41 PM EST
Alex Rios was traded from the White Sox to the Rangers on Friday for a player to be named later.
It is later, and that player has now been named.
Below is the announcement from the official Twitter feed of the Chicago White Sox. The pronunciation key (lay-OOH-ree) is a pretty nice touch.
— Chicago White Sox (@whitesox) August 11, 2013
Garcia, a 22-year-old shortstop prospect with good baserunning ability and a powerful throwing arm, is batting .264/.314/.409 with four home runs and 12 stolen bases through 47 games this season in the Pacific Coast League. Garcia is going to join up with Triple-A Charlotte, where he’ll likely finish out the year.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)