Aug 11, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
Alex Rios was traded from the White Sox to the Rangers on Friday for a player to be named later.
It is later, and that player has now been named.
Below is the announcement from the official Twitter feed of the Chicago White Sox. The pronunciation key (lay-OOH-ree) is a pretty nice touch.
— Chicago White Sox (@whitesox) August 11, 2013
Garcia, a 22-year-old shortstop prospect with good baserunning ability and a powerful throwing arm, is batting .264/.314/.409 with four home runs and 12 stolen bases through 47 games this season in the Pacific Coast League. Garcia is going to join up with Triple-A Charlotte, where he’ll likely finish out the year.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 23
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 34
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 41
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)