Aug 11, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
Alex Rios was traded from the White Sox to the Rangers on Friday for a player to be named later.
It is later, and that player has now been named.
Below is the announcement from the official Twitter feed of the Chicago White Sox. The pronunciation key (lay-OOH-ree) is a pretty nice touch.
— Chicago White Sox (@whitesox) August 11, 2013
Garcia, a 22-year-old shortstop prospect with good baserunning ability and a powerful throwing arm, is batting .264/.314/.409 with four home runs and 12 stolen bases through 47 games this season in the Pacific Coast League. Garcia is going to join up with Triple-A Charlotte, where he’ll likely finish out the year.
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 11
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 46
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 36
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)