Aug 11, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
Alex Rios was traded from the White Sox to the Rangers on Friday for a player to be named later.
It is later, and that player has now been named.
Below is the announcement from the official Twitter feed of the Chicago White Sox. The pronunciation key (lay-OOH-ree) is a pretty nice touch.
— Chicago White Sox (@whitesox) August 11, 2013
Garcia, a 22-year-old shortstop prospect with good baserunning ability and a powerful throwing arm, is batting .264/.314/.409 with four home runs and 12 stolen bases through 47 games this season in the Pacific Coast League. Garcia is going to join up with Triple-A Charlotte, where he’ll likely finish out the year.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)