Aug 11, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
Alex Rios was traded from the White Sox to the Rangers on Friday for a player to be named later.
It is later, and that player has now been named.
Below is the announcement from the official Twitter feed of the Chicago White Sox. The pronunciation key (lay-OOH-ree) is a pretty nice touch.
— Chicago White Sox (@whitesox) August 11, 2013
Garcia, a 22-year-old shortstop prospect with good baserunning ability and a powerful throwing arm, is batting .264/.314/.409 with four home runs and 12 stolen bases through 47 games this season in the Pacific Coast League. Garcia is going to join up with Triple-A Charlotte, where he’ll likely finish out the year.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 162
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 69
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (162)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)