Aug 11, 2013, 6:00 PM EDT
Via the Royals official Twitter, the team has acquired infielder Jamey Carroll from the Twins for a player to be named later or cash considerations. Carroll has been used mostly at third base by the Twins this year, but has a lot of experience at second base and shortstop as well.
Carroll, now 39 years old, has posted a meager .546 OPS and -0.5 WAR this year, so he won’t be to the Royals what Marco Scutaro was to the Giants, but he can make a spot start in a pinch and he can also be used as a defensive substitution late in ballgames.
Carroll is earning $3.75 million this year and has a $2 million club option with a $250,000 buyout remaining on his contract.
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 0
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 10
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 140
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (140)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)