Aug 11, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Via the Royals official Twitter, the team has acquired infielder Jamey Carroll from the Twins for a player to be named later or cash considerations. Carroll has been used mostly at third base by the Twins this year, but has a lot of experience at second base and shortstop as well.
Carroll, now 39 years old, has posted a meager .546 OPS and -0.5 WAR this year, so he won’t be to the Royals what Marco Scutaro was to the Giants, but he can make a spot start in a pinch and he can also be used as a defensive substitution late in ballgames.
Carroll is earning $3.75 million this year and has a $2 million club option with a $250,000 buyout remaining on his contract.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)