Aug 11, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
Exciting news here for the Royals, who are just 4.5 games out of an American League Wild Card spot.
Salvador Perez has been activated from the 7-day concussion disabled list and is back in the Royals’ starting lineup on Sunday afternoon against the Red Sox, playing catcher and batting fifth. The talented 23-year-old was diagnosed with that concussion on August 4 after taking a foul tip hard off his catcher’s mask. Because he was only out for a week, a minor league rehab assignment wasn’t deemed necessary.
Perez is hitting .297/.326/.433 with 18 home runs and 103 RBI through his first 207 major league games. He has a very bright future.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)