Aug 11, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Via Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina (knee inflammation) donned his catching gear and worked on some drills Saturday for the first time since going on the disabled list. He also did some light sprinting. Molina continued to participate in batting practice as he looks to return from the 15-day disabled list when eligible on Thursday.
FOX Sports Midwest showed footage of Molina performing those drills and he looked pretty spry. The five-time Gold Glove winner has been on the shelf since July 31 with discomfort in his right knee.
The second-place Cardinals are 4-7 so far in Yadi’s absence and 4-13 since July 25.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 14
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 4
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 4
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)