Aug 11, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Via Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina (knee inflammation) donned his catching gear and worked on some drills Saturday for the first time since going on the disabled list. He also did some light sprinting. Molina continued to participate in batting practice as he looks to return from the 15-day disabled list when eligible on Thursday.
FOX Sports Midwest showed footage of Molina performing those drills and he looked pretty spry. The five-time Gold Glove winner has been on the shelf since July 31 with discomfort in his right knee.
The second-place Cardinals are 4-7 so far in Yadi’s absence and 4-13 since July 25.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)