Aug 11, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Via Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina (knee inflammation) donned his catching gear and worked on some drills Saturday for the first time since going on the disabled list. He also did some light sprinting. Molina continued to participate in batting practice as he looks to return from the 15-day disabled list when eligible on Thursday.
FOX Sports Midwest showed footage of Molina performing those drills and he looked pretty spry. The five-time Gold Glove winner has been on the shelf since July 31 with discomfort in his right knee.
The second-place Cardinals are 4-7 so far in Yadi’s absence and 4-13 since July 25.
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 39
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 3
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 70
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 33
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (166)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (100)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)