Aug 11, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Via Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina (knee inflammation) donned his catching gear and worked on some drills Saturday for the first time since going on the disabled list. He also did some light sprinting. Molina continued to participate in batting practice as he looks to return from the 15-day disabled list when eligible on Thursday.
FOX Sports Midwest showed footage of Molina performing those drills and he looked pretty spry. The five-time Gold Glove winner has been on the shelf since July 31 with discomfort in his right knee.
The second-place Cardinals are 4-7 so far in Yadi’s absence and 4-13 since July 25.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 8
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 10
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)