Aug 12, 2013, 9:14 AM EDT
First baseman Adrian Gonzalez felt dizzy during the top of the eighth inning on Sunday night and was lifted for a pinch-hitter in the bottom of the frame.
“It was a good situation to not try to push it,” Gonzalez said after the Dodgers won, 8-2. “The doctors checked me out, and everything is fine.”
With a big lead in the division the Dodgers can afford to be cautious with their first baseman.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 51
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11