Aug 12, 2013, 9:14 AM EST
First baseman Adrian Gonzalez felt dizzy during the top of the eighth inning on Sunday night and was lifted for a pinch-hitter in the bottom of the frame.
“It was a good situation to not try to push it,” Gonzalez said after the Dodgers won, 8-2. “The doctors checked me out, and everything is fine.”
With a big lead in the division the Dodgers can afford to be cautious with their first baseman.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 30
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 28
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 45
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)