Aug 12, 2013, 9:14 AM EDT
First baseman Adrian Gonzalez felt dizzy during the top of the eighth inning on Sunday night and was lifted for a pinch-hitter in the bottom of the frame.
“It was a good situation to not try to push it,” Gonzalez said after the Dodgers won, 8-2. “The doctors checked me out, and everything is fine.”
With a big lead in the division the Dodgers can afford to be cautious with their first baseman.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 43
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17