Aug 12, 2013, 9:47 PM EST
2013 No. 2 overall pick Kris Bryant has only been with the Cubs organization for a little over a month, but he’s already making some noise.
According to Carrie Muskat of MLB.com, the Cubs promoted Bryant to High-A Daytona today after he batted .351/.416/.692 with four home runs and 16 RBI through 77 plate appearances with Low-A Boise. The 21-year-old finished his stint in the Northwest League with a 15-game hitting streak.
After posting huge power numbers at the University of San Diego, Bryant received a $6,708,400 bonus from the Cubs last month. He’s playing third base right now, though some have speculated that he’ll end up in the outfield in the long run. Either way, he should move up the organizational ladder rather quickly.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)