Aug 12, 2013, 9:47 PM EST
2013 No. 2 overall pick Kris Bryant has only been with the Cubs organization for a little over a month, but he’s already making some noise.
According to Carrie Muskat of MLB.com, the Cubs promoted Bryant to High-A Daytona today after he batted .351/.416/.692 with four home runs and 16 RBI through 77 plate appearances with Low-A Boise. The 21-year-old finished his stint in the Northwest League with a 15-game hitting streak.
After posting huge power numbers at the University of San Diego, Bryant received a $6,708,400 bonus from the Cubs last month. He’s playing third base right now, though some have speculated that he’ll end up in the outfield in the long run. Either way, he should move up the organizational ladder rather quickly.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27