Aug 12, 2013, 9:47 PM EDT
2013 No. 2 overall pick Kris Bryant has only been with the Cubs organization for a little over a month, but he’s already making some noise.
According to Carrie Muskat of MLB.com, the Cubs promoted Bryant to High-A Daytona today after he batted .351/.416/.692 with four home runs and 16 RBI through 77 plate appearances with Low-A Boise. The 21-year-old finished his stint in the Northwest League with a 15-game hitting streak.
After posting huge power numbers at the University of San Diego, Bryant received a $6,708,400 bonus from the Cubs last month. He’s playing third base right now, though some have speculated that he’ll end up in the outfield in the long run. Either way, he should move up the organizational ladder rather quickly.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)