Aug 12, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
The Daily News reports that The Captain is not close to returning and that, after the current homestand, where he has been with the team, he’s likely to return to Florida. Joe Girardi says that once he’s down there he’ll be hitting off a tee and doing soft toss and stuff. Which is a couple of steps removed from even minor league rehab games.
Jeter has been on the 15-day disabled list since August 3 with a right calf strain. With a lot more time on the DL ahead of him, it seems, it’s just a lost season, really.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 59
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)