Aug 12, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
The Daily News reports that The Captain is not close to returning and that, after the current homestand, where he has been with the team, he’s likely to return to Florida. Joe Girardi says that once he’s down there he’ll be hitting off a tee and doing soft toss and stuff. Which is a couple of steps removed from even minor league rehab games.
Jeter has been on the 15-day disabled list since August 3 with a right calf strain. With a lot more time on the DL ahead of him, it seems, it’s just a lost season, really.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 53
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)