Aug 12, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
The Daily News reports that The Captain is not close to returning and that, after the current homestand, where he has been with the team, he’s likely to return to Florida. Joe Girardi says that once he’s down there he’ll be hitting off a tee and doing soft toss and stuff. Which is a couple of steps removed from even minor league rehab games.
Jeter has been on the 15-day disabled list since August 3 with a right calf strain. With a lot more time on the DL ahead of him, it seems, it’s just a lost season, really.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 50
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)