Aug 12, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
The Daily News reports that The Captain is not close to returning and that, after the current homestand, where he has been with the team, he’s likely to return to Florida. Joe Girardi says that once he’s down there he’ll be hitting off a tee and doing soft toss and stuff. Which is a couple of steps removed from even minor league rehab games.
Jeter has been on the 15-day disabled list since August 3 with a right calf strain. With a lot more time on the DL ahead of him, it seems, it’s just a lost season, really.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)