Aug 12, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
The Daily News reports that The Captain is not close to returning and that, after the current homestand, where he has been with the team, he’s likely to return to Florida. Joe Girardi says that once he’s down there he’ll be hitting off a tee and doing soft toss and stuff. Which is a couple of steps removed from even minor league rehab games.
Jeter has been on the 15-day disabled list since August 3 with a right calf strain. With a lot more time on the DL ahead of him, it seems, it’s just a lost season, really.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)