Aug 12, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
It may be too late to help the Yankees’ dwindling playoff hopes, but Kevin Youkilis hasn’t given up on playing again this season.
However, he was given a 10-12 week recovery timetable following back surgery in mid-June and Michael Fensom of the Newark Star Ledger reports that Youkilis has yet to even start swinging a bat or doing any other baseball activities.
Youkilis played just 28 games for the Yankees before being shut down, hitting .219 with two homers and a .648 OPS after signing a one-year, $12 million deal as a free agent.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 8
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)