Aug 12, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
It may be too late to help the Yankees’ dwindling playoff hopes, but Kevin Youkilis hasn’t given up on playing again this season.
However, he was given a 10-12 week recovery timetable following back surgery in mid-June and Michael Fensom of the Newark Star Ledger reports that Youkilis has yet to even start swinging a bat or doing any other baseball activities.
Youkilis played just 28 games for the Yankees before being shut down, hitting .219 with two homers and a .648 OPS after signing a one-year, $12 million deal as a free agent.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)