Aug 12, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
It may be too late to help the Yankees’ dwindling playoff hopes, but Kevin Youkilis hasn’t given up on playing again this season.
However, he was given a 10-12 week recovery timetable following back surgery in mid-June and Michael Fensom of the Newark Star Ledger reports that Youkilis has yet to even start swinging a bat or doing any other baseball activities.
Youkilis played just 28 games for the Yankees before being shut down, hitting .219 with two homers and a .648 OPS after signing a one-year, $12 million deal as a free agent.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)