Aug 12, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
It may be too late to help the Yankees’ dwindling playoff hopes, but Kevin Youkilis hasn’t given up on playing again this season.
However, he was given a 10-12 week recovery timetable following back surgery in mid-June and Michael Fensom of the Newark Star Ledger reports that Youkilis has yet to even start swinging a bat or doing any other baseball activities.
Youkilis played just 28 games for the Yankees before being shut down, hitting .219 with two homers and a .648 OPS after signing a one-year, $12 million deal as a free agent.
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 6
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 40
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 33
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)