Aug 12, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
It may be too late to help the Yankees’ dwindling playoff hopes, but Kevin Youkilis hasn’t given up on playing again this season.
However, he was given a 10-12 week recovery timetable following back surgery in mid-June and Michael Fensom of the Newark Star Ledger reports that Youkilis has yet to even start swinging a bat or doing any other baseball activities.
Youkilis played just 28 games for the Yankees before being shut down, hitting .219 with two homers and a .648 OPS after signing a one-year, $12 million deal as a free agent.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)