Aug 12, 2013, 11:16 PM EDT
11:16 PM: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is now reporting that the man died after he was taken to the hospital. Just awful.
10:11 PM ET: Terrible news out of Atlanta this evening. According to Alexis Stevens of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, a man is in critical condition after falling “at least 30 feet” from an upper deck at Turner Field. His name has not been released. Police said he was transported to the hospital around 9 p.m. ET.
There aren’t many details right now, but the fall occurred during a lengthy rain delay prior to tonight’s game between the Phillies and Braves. Here’s an announcement from the team:
There was an accident earlier tonight at Turner Field with a spectator falling from the upper level. The spectator has been transported to the hospital. The Atlanta Police Department are investigating.
We’ll pass along more information when it is made available.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 114
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)