Aug 12, 2013, 11:16 PM EDT
11:16 PM: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is now reporting that the man died after he was taken to the hospital. Just awful.
10:11 PM ET: Terrible news out of Atlanta this evening. According to Alexis Stevens of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, a man is in critical condition after falling “at least 30 feet” from an upper deck at Turner Field. His name has not been released. Police said he was transported to the hospital around 9 p.m. ET.
There aren’t many details right now, but the fall occurred during a lengthy rain delay prior to tonight’s game between the Phillies and Braves. Here’s an announcement from the team:
There was an accident earlier tonight at Turner Field with a spectator falling from the upper level. The spectator has been transported to the hospital. The Atlanta Police Department are investigating.
We’ll pass along more information when it is made available.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 305
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (307)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)