Aug 12, 2013, 11:16 PM EDT
11:16 PM: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is now reporting that the man died after he was taken to the hospital. Just awful.
10:11 PM ET: Terrible news out of Atlanta this evening. According to Alexis Stevens of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, a man is in critical condition after falling “at least 30 feet” from an upper deck at Turner Field. His name has not been released. Police said he was transported to the hospital around 9 p.m. ET.
There aren’t many details right now, but the fall occurred during a lengthy rain delay prior to tonight’s game between the Phillies and Braves. Here’s an announcement from the team:
There was an accident earlier tonight at Turner Field with a spectator falling from the upper level. The spectator has been transported to the hospital. The Atlanta Police Department are investigating.
We’ll pass along more information when it is made available.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)