Aug 12, 2013, 11:16 PM EDT
11:16 PM: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is now reporting that the man died after he was taken to the hospital. Just awful.
10:11 PM ET: Terrible news out of Atlanta this evening. According to Alexis Stevens of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, a man is in critical condition after falling “at least 30 feet” from an upper deck at Turner Field. His name has not been released. Police said he was transported to the hospital around 9 p.m. ET.
There aren’t many details right now, but the fall occurred during a lengthy rain delay prior to tonight’s game between the Phillies and Braves. Here’s an announcement from the team:
There was an accident earlier tonight at Turner Field with a spectator falling from the upper level. The spectator has been transported to the hospital. The Atlanta Police Department are investigating.
We’ll pass along more information when it is made available.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)