Aug 12, 2013, 12:48 PM EST
I was looking through some second-half stats and thought the OPS leaders since the All-Star break were an interesting group:
Jayson Werth 1.261 Miguel Cabrera 1.241 Mike Trout 1.134 Wil Myers 1.116 Ike Davis 1.110
Jayson Werth is hitting .361 with 13 homers and a 1.037 OPS in 59 games since coming off the disabled list in early June, raising his season OPS from .708 to .931 during that time.
Miguel Cabrera and Mike Trout are basically repeating last year’s MVP debate. Wil Myers is showing why so many people criticized the Royals for trading him to the Rays for two seasons of James Shields.
And then there’s Ike Davis, who hit .161 through mid-June to earn a demotion to Triple-A, rejoined the Mets a month later, and is hitting .305 with 28 walks and a .482 on-base percentage in 31 games since returning.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 30
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 30
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)