Aug 12, 2013, 3:01 PM EDT
What if teams could not trade players or sign free agents? What if their roster was limited, for all time, to players they drafted and signed as amateurs and developed through the minors? What would that league look like?
For some of you it will make you cringe at how poorly your team has developed players. For others it will make you cringe at how many good players your team has sent away. For all of us, however, it’s a lot of fun.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 28
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)