Aug 12, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Ryan Ludwick, who’s been out since separating his shoulder on Opening Day, is off the disabled list and back in the Reds’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Cubs.
Ludwick is batting sixth and playing left field, where the Reds have gotten the majors’ fourth-worst OPS in his absence. Cincinnati left fielders have combined to hit .241 with 10 homers and a .684 OPS in 117 games, whereas Ludwick hit .275 with 26 homers and an .877 OPS in 125 games last season before re-signing on a two-year, $15 million contract.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 10
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 102
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (102)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)