Aug 12, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
Ryan Ludwick, who’s been out since separating his shoulder on Opening Day, is off the disabled list and back in the Reds’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Cubs.
Ludwick is batting sixth and playing left field, where the Reds have gotten the majors’ fourth-worst OPS in his absence. Cincinnati left fielders have combined to hit .241 with 10 homers and a .684 OPS in 117 games, whereas Ludwick hit .275 with 26 homers and an .877 OPS in 125 games last season before re-signing on a two-year, $15 million contract.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)