Aug 12, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
Ryan Ludwick, who’s been out since separating his shoulder on Opening Day, is off the disabled list and back in the Reds’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Cubs.
Ludwick is batting sixth and playing left field, where the Reds have gotten the majors’ fourth-worst OPS in his absence. Cincinnati left fielders have combined to hit .241 with 10 homers and a .684 OPS in 117 games, whereas Ludwick hit .275 with 26 homers and an .877 OPS in 125 games last season before re-signing on a two-year, $15 million contract.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 60
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 22
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)