Aug 12, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Ryan Ludwick, who’s been out since separating his shoulder on Opening Day, is off the disabled list and back in the Reds’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Cubs.
Ludwick is batting sixth and playing left field, where the Reds have gotten the majors’ fourth-worst OPS in his absence. Cincinnati left fielders have combined to hit .241 with 10 homers and a .684 OPS in 117 games, whereas Ludwick hit .275 with 26 homers and an .877 OPS in 125 games last season before re-signing on a two-year, $15 million contract.
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 11
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 10
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 9
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 80
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)