Aug 12, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
Ryan Ludwick, who’s been out since separating his shoulder on Opening Day, is off the disabled list and back in the Reds’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Cubs.
Ludwick is batting sixth and playing left field, where the Reds have gotten the majors’ fourth-worst OPS in his absence. Cincinnati left fielders have combined to hit .241 with 10 homers and a .684 OPS in 117 games, whereas Ludwick hit .275 with 26 homers and an .877 OPS in 125 games last season before re-signing on a two-year, $15 million contract.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 72
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (139)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)