Aug 12, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
Adam Rosales needs to get the A’s and Rangers on a conference call and tell them to stop messing with Adam Rosales. To review:
- As August dawned, Rosales was an Athletic;
- The Athletics DFA’d him and he was claimed by the Rangers;
- He joined the Rangers, got his uniform, learned their signs and then was promptly DFA’d three days later.
- He was claimed by the Athletics, flew to Toronto and joined his team as it prepared to face the Blue Jays.
- The very next day the Athletics once again DFA’d him. And now;
- The Rangers have claimed him again.
As of Saturday his car and all of his possessions were in Texas, his wife was in Oakland and he was in Toronto with the A’s. How much do you want to bet that either his car or his wife or both started making their way back toward him when he was DFA’s by the A’s again and have possibly zigged and zagged once again now that he has been thrown hither and yon by the forces of fate for yet another time?
Cut it out, Jon Daniels and Billy Beane. Leave Adam Rosales alone.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)