Aug 12, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
Adam Rosales needs to get the A’s and Rangers on a conference call and tell them to stop messing with Adam Rosales. To review:
- As August dawned, Rosales was an Athletic;
- The Athletics DFA’d him and he was claimed by the Rangers;
- He joined the Rangers, got his uniform, learned their signs and then was promptly DFA’d three days later.
- He was claimed by the Athletics, flew to Toronto and joined his team as it prepared to face the Blue Jays.
- The very next day the Athletics once again DFA’d him. And now;
- The Rangers have claimed him again.
As of Saturday his car and all of his possessions were in Texas, his wife was in Oakland and he was in Toronto with the A’s. How much do you want to bet that either his car or his wife or both started making their way back toward him when he was DFA’s by the A’s again and have possibly zigged and zagged once again now that he has been thrown hither and yon by the forces of fate for yet another time?
Cut it out, Jon Daniels and Billy Beane. Leave Adam Rosales alone.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)