Aug 12, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
Adam Rosales needs to get the A’s and Rangers on a conference call and tell them to stop messing with Adam Rosales. To review:
- As August dawned, Rosales was an Athletic;
- The Athletics DFA’d him and he was claimed by the Rangers;
- He joined the Rangers, got his uniform, learned their signs and then was promptly DFA’d three days later.
- He was claimed by the Athletics, flew to Toronto and joined his team as it prepared to face the Blue Jays.
- The very next day the Athletics once again DFA’d him. And now;
- The Rangers have claimed him again.
As of Saturday his car and all of his possessions were in Texas, his wife was in Oakland and he was in Toronto with the A’s. How much do you want to bet that either his car or his wife or both started making their way back toward him when he was DFA’s by the A’s again and have possibly zigged and zagged once again now that he has been thrown hither and yon by the forces of fate for yet another time?
Cut it out, Jon Daniels and Billy Beane. Leave Adam Rosales alone.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 56
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 16
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 98
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Report: Pete Rose bet on baseball as a player, not just as a manager (148)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- First-ever female baseball player added to MLB’s international registration list (104)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (98)