Aug 13, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
Ramirez has played just 54 of a possible 118 games while hitting .271 with five homers and a .773 OPS that ranks as his second-worst since 2003. And he’s been on the disabled list since July 6.
Even if Ramirez plays well right away it seems unlikely that the Brewers will be able to find a taker for him before the August 31 trade deadline, because in addition to being a 36-year-old with a bum knee and declining production he’s also owed $16 million for next season.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 49
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 28
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 7
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)