Aug 13, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
Ramirez has played just 54 of a possible 118 games while hitting .271 with five homers and a .773 OPS that ranks as his second-worst since 2003. And he’s been on the disabled list since July 6.
Even if Ramirez plays well right away it seems unlikely that the Brewers will be able to find a taker for him before the August 31 trade deadline, because in addition to being a 36-year-old with a bum knee and declining production he’s also owed $16 million for next season.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 150
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 51
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (150)