Aug 13, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
Ramirez has played just 54 of a possible 118 games while hitting .271 with five homers and a .773 OPS that ranks as his second-worst since 2003. And he’s been on the disabled list since July 6.
Even if Ramirez plays well right away it seems unlikely that the Brewers will be able to find a taker for him before the August 31 trade deadline, because in addition to being a 36-year-old with a bum knee and declining production he’s also owed $16 million for next season.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)