Aug 13, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
No, really: it’s a thing. According to the “Left-Handers Club” August 13 is Left-Handers Day, an “annual celebration of left-handers superiority!!”
But NOT TODAY! Because on this special day, it is your chance to GET YOUR OWN BACK on your right-handed friends colleagues and family, by designating your personal space as a LEFTY ZONE where everything must be done left-handed!
Major League Baseball is only honoring it to a minor degree. Of 30 starting pitchers tonight, only eight are left-handed. The Angels-Yankees game and the Giants-Nats game features left-handed starters from all teams. Apart from them the White Sox, Royals, Padres and Dodgers are starting lefties. Elsewhere: we right-handers dominate. And keep score in pencil without getting graphite all over our hands.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)