Aug 13, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
No, really: it’s a thing. According to the “Left-Handers Club” August 13 is Left-Handers Day, an “annual celebration of left-handers superiority!!”
But NOT TODAY! Because on this special day, it is your chance to GET YOUR OWN BACK on your right-handed friends colleagues and family, by designating your personal space as a LEFTY ZONE where everything must be done left-handed!
Major League Baseball is only honoring it to a minor degree. Of 30 starting pitchers tonight, only eight are left-handed. The Angels-Yankees game and the Giants-Nats game features left-handed starters from all teams. Apart from them the White Sox, Royals, Padres and Dodgers are starting lefties. Elsewhere: we right-handers dominate. And keep score in pencil without getting graphite all over our hands.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 105
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 17
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 41
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 351
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (352)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (193)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)