Aug 13, 2013, 4:05 PM EST
No, really: it’s a thing. According to the “Left-Handers Club” August 13 is Left-Handers Day, an “annual celebration of left-handers superiority!!”
But NOT TODAY! Because on this special day, it is your chance to GET YOUR OWN BACK on your right-handed friends colleagues and family, by designating your personal space as a LEFTY ZONE where everything must be done left-handed!
Major League Baseball is only honoring it to a minor degree. Of 30 starting pitchers tonight, only eight are left-handed. The Angels-Yankees game and the Giants-Nats game features left-handed starters from all teams. Apart from them the White Sox, Royals, Padres and Dodgers are starting lefties. Elsewhere: we right-handers dominate. And keep score in pencil without getting graphite all over our hands.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 43
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 94
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (124)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)