Aug 13, 2013, 11:58 PM EDT
A day after homering to collect his 2,000th career hit, Alfonso Soriano homered twice and drove in six runs in the Yankees’ 14-7 win over the Angels on Tuesday, giving him 1,100 career RBI.
Soriano got to 1,100 RBI just six days after reaching 1,100 runs scored. Next up on the list for him is 400 homers; the two tonight leave him just six away.
It’s doubtful that Soriano will ever get into Cooperstown without a ticket, but he has filled up the stat sheet in his 15 major league seasons. Here are all the players with more homers and steals than his 394 and 281, respectively:
Barry Bonds: 764 HR, 514 SB
Willie Mays: 660 HR, 338 SB
Alex Rodriguez: 648 HR, 318 SB
Andre Dawson: 438 HR, 314 SB
Maybe that’s overselling it a bit. But Soriano is one of 22 players in major league history with both 250 homers and 250 steals. He’s one of 15 with 250 homers, 250 steals, 1,100 runs scored and 1,100 RBI. If he gets the 19 steals he needs for 300 — something that seems more likely now that he’s managed 11 this year — he’ll be one of seven players with 300 HR, 300 SB and 2,000 hits, joining Mays, Bonds, A-Rod, Dawson, Steve Finley and Carlos Beltran.
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 0
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 10
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)