Aug 13, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
Ronald Homer, 30, of Conyers, Ga., plunged 65 feet onto a parking lot during a rain delay before the game between the Braves and the Philadelphia Phillies … Connie Homer of Conyers, Ga., tells The Associated Press her only son told her in a cellphone call from the Monday night game that rain was starting to let up and he was preparing to go back in the stadium. She says he ended the call in his typical way, telling his mother he loved her.
NBC News has some pictures and video from the scene. Some of them are kinda graphic, though, so be warned.
Officials are saying it was an accident.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 27
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40