Aug 13, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
Nelson Cruz may or may not be welcomed back to the Rangers when his suspension is up (and if the Rangers make the playoffs) but he’s not giving up on the idea:
Nelson Cruz to head to the Dominican for 12 days to work out at home gym and #Rangers facility there. Still could play in postseason.
— Jeff Wilson (@JeffWilson_FWST) August 13, 2013
There were reports last week that it was unlikely Cruz and Jhonny Peralta would be back with their teams for the postseason. I can’t see why on Earth either the Rangers or Tigers would make that decision now, when so much could happen between now and the end of September.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)